Friday 27 February 2015

A Sneak Peek

My show in London may be continuing for another ten days, but work in the studio goes on.

Here's a sneak peak of some work which I was doing today.  They're little studies of calendula and honesty, which I grew from seed over the summer in  my garden.


I've been experimenting with some new colours for the grounds on my canvasses - cobalt blue and deep violet - and was really please with the way that the paintings turned out.

I find that it's good to work with the same subject in different sizes - you bounce ideas from one canvas to the next, applying what you have learned from one to the next.  A different size of canvas means that you have to make different decisions about the types of mark that you make, so makes you reappraise how you are approaching your subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment