Monday 18 August 2014

At Auction - "Sun and Shadows, the Campsies"

Coming up shortly for auction in Glasgow is this early painting of mine, Sun and Shadows, the Campsies.  

It's an oil on canvas measuring 14 x 16", and is of a scene very familiar to me, looking over the valley from Mugdock to Strathblane with the Campsie Fells and  Dumgoyne.


Interestingly, it was the very first painting that I ever sold in London, so I was very excited indeed the day that I got the news of its sale.  It represented quite a breakthrough in my career.

It was purchased at the Ainscough Gallery in Chelsea on 6 December 1997, and I'm pleased to say that with an estimate of £400-800, it's increased in value since then! 

If you weant to follow its progress (or even put in an online bid...), then you can see it on the McTears Auctioneers website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment