Wednesday 5 June 2013

Paintings Rhododendrons

Sometimes I think I've got a very strange job, and this thought was certainly crossing my mind as I was crawling through the undergrowth of Pollok Estate this morning in the sunshine.

My mission was to photograph the beautiful azaleas, magnolias and rhododendrons that grow there, with a view to (of course) painting them.


These flowers come to you courtesy of Sir John Stirling Maxwell, one of the founders of the National Trust for Scotland, and owner of the Pollok Estate in the south of Glasgow, which he left to the people of Glasgow because of his belief in the importance of green open spaces in a city.  

It's now home to the Burrell Collection, Pollok House, a herd of Highland Cattle and many magnificent acres of woodland, all right on my doorstep.



No comments:

Post a Comment