Tuesday 18 December 2012

Conquest Art

Earlier in the year I was contacted by Conquest Art, which is an organisation that encourages people with physical disabilities to take active participation is visual arts.  

Through painting and drawing, these artists discover new abilities and gain self-confidence.  

The artists enjoy copying paintings, and had found it useful to copy, amongst others,  some of my paintings from old catalogues of my solo shows.  So I was happy to be able to help out in a very small way by sending some larger reproductions, which would be easier for them to work with.

A few months later on, here are a couple of the finished pieces based on my paintings, by Conquest Art member Chris Roberson.

 

In a lovely letter, I was told that Chris gets a lot of pleasure out of copying the work because of the bright bold colours.  And it's great for me to hear that someone is able to get such enjoyment in this way.

Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment